The Pacific Institute of Management organized a Certification Program on MODERN BANKING OPERATIONS AND PRACTICES on 7-8th Oct. 2017, to teach and encapsulate in the MBA students all the Key aspects of Modern Banking System and Practices. The objective of the two days program was to acquaint the participants with the Emerging Banking Trends , latest technological developments in the Banking System and functional knowledge in the areas of Banking processes and procedures.
The program coordinator DR. KULVINDER KAUR told that in all 49 students participated in the program. The institute keeps conducting such vocational programs to deliver knowledge and training in various professional fields. These programs enhance the intellectual capacity and professional business skills of the students and enable them get lucrative positions in various industries.
The certificate program was addressed by Dr. N. S. Chawda, Assistant Professor, Pacific Institute of Management who shared his expertise knowledge about the Banking operations, products & services with the students. He provided the students a detailed understanding about -
· Deposit accounts - Types & Features.
· Services provided by Internet Banking.
· Types of Cards: Prepaid, Credit, Debit.
· Travel, Unifare Metro Cards.
· Visa PayWave method of payment.
· Types of Online Fraud and Phishing Variations.
· Fund transfer through NEFT; RTGS, UPI, IMPS.
· Digital mode of Payments (QR code based, Smart watch banking,
Mobile wallets, Mobile apps)
· Aadhaar enabled payments system.
· Overview of *99# Service .
He also equipped the students with the knowledge of Mobile Banking and the use of Artificial Intelligence in the banking system.
The overall session proved to be a knowledge booster that enhanced the confidence of students to become successful in this sector.